Friday, June 1, 2007

Finally Home!

Well...I finally made it home late last night. I thought I would never get here! It took longer than ever. I left to get Mamaw at about 5:10pm and arrived in Cincinnati close to 11:00 pm. I am just so glad I had a CD player. The one in my car is broken so I just went to Walmart and bought a cheap personal CD player with some speakers. It definately helped make it a pleasant trip...I sang at the top of my lungs the entire trip. :) Mamaw did very well...she would just sit there and insert a comment every few minutes. Comments like, wow, those girls can't sing at all, can they?? Made me laugh quite a bit.

It is so good to be home. Chester (the family dog of 13 years) is doing great. He was so excited to me...once he realized it was me. He is seriously blind and had to get right up to me. Very sad. We are planning to go to a Japenese restaurant, Soho, today for my birthday. Japenese Hibatchi is my absolute favorite.I am going to practice my swing in the back yard. I am learning how to golf. I borrowed some older clubs from a friend and Cathleen and I have been going to to driving range on Tuesdays. I told my dad I wanted to practice at home and he said...oh, I bought some clubs for you mother for Christmas...who knew?!? So, I am going to take them home with me. Mom still hasn't used them.

My mom just told me yesterday that we (her and I) are going to sing at the mother daughter banquet on Saturday. Funny how things like this always happen in my life. We still don't know what we are going to sing and probably won't until an hour before the banquet starts.

Well...until next time...see ya.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah, I'm ever so excited that you made it home...finally!! Why in the world did it take you sooo long?? Oh well...makes my heart thrilled that you and Mamaw shared sentimental moments in the car together...singing your hearts away! Did she hold the speaker high enough?! I can only imagine, I can only imagine! Hope you have a most magnifical day! And oh, I love you more :)

Haley said...

Water.... Water where are you? I miss you! Glad you made it home safe! :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm...this is cool. I've never blogged before. Glad you had a good time at home and got to see your brand new nephew. He is a good-looking baby (and I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true :)
Have a good one!