Monday, July 9, 2007

A couple of years ago, I had a really bad day and I was talking to a friend about it. She encouraged me so much, telling me that it was a clay day. Clay days are days when everything seems to be going wrong no matter what you do...or when you have a humbling experience. That is when the Lord is molding and fashioning you into the Christian that He desires you to be.

Yesterday was a clay day for me. :) Not too bad...but it all started with the burnt cinnamon rolls that I made for my bus workers. Well, they weren't burnt, just a little more done that I would normally desire. From there, it was all downhill. Things didn't start to look up till later that afternoon. It is good for me to have hard times though...reminds me that I just have to rely on the Lord. I am so grateful that the Lord is still working in my life. He has a perfect plan in it all.

I am so ready for Cathy to come back to TN! I keep encouraging her to come back a week or so early, but to no avail. She is working hard on the farm. Miss her so much!

Tommy Sexton is here for teen camp this week. I am so excited! He is my favorite! Should be a great week.

Hope you all are well...

8 comments:

Jen Bartlett said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day...I hope you have a better week! I'll be praying for you!

Jen Bartlett said...

Oh, and I personally like cinnamon rolls more done than less, so I'm sure everyone still loved them...plus, isn't it the thought that counts???

Taryn Elizabeth said...

Hey Sarah,
I'm sorry your day didn't go very well...but I'm glad it got better. Isn't it a great feeling to know that the Lord is always there for us?
I love ya! Hope you have a good week.

Smiley said...

i know what you what you mean by a "clay day" i have them all the time but you're right they are good for us!!! love ya!!
(((NUDGE)))

Anonymous said...

I hope Tommy cheers you up! I never will forget him calling Achsah a "hunk of burning love" in the Bible conference. He's a great guy.
Praying for you

Anonymous said...

'Tis true, Sar...struggles are good for us. Hard, but for our own good. Umm, cinnamon rolls are just good...overcooked or not :0)

I am praying for you.

Love you too.

Joy said...

That's a neat thought. I'll have to remember it next time I feel blue.

Have fun at camp. I always loved hearing Bro. Tommy preach too. Remember when he preached on dating relationships when all the guys and girls sat separately for chapel? You may have been student teaching already...it was funny.

Cathy Henschen said...

Hope you have a good time at camp tonight. I thought you said Bro. Pauley was your favorite..
Well i am excited about coming back too and it was sweet of you to put that on your post.
Love ya