
We ended up parking about a 30 minute walk away...
this is what we saw for the entire walk.

Don't we look like orange blooded UT fans??


The marching band was awesome...as you can see...

Me...pretending to have a clue about football.

Our good friend Joe. We met him at the game. He is from Virginia and drove down with his wife and his daughter's family. We were sitting between Joe and his wife...and so were several other people...and offered to move so she could be with him, but he said it wasn't good for their relationship to sit together at games. :) We soon understood why. Haha!! Don't sit next to Joe when UT isn't doing well...just a suggestion.

The stadium after it got dark...can't you see how packed it was? The wave went around like 10 times, it was awesome!

The Pride of the the Southland was blocking the entrance to our seats during halftime.

Cathy and I at halftime, already exhausted. Right before halftime we walked to the other side of the stadium to see my uncle John who is and usher there. Then we walked all the way back to the student section to see Amanda Lapp and Nicole Sitter during halftime.
We had such a great time! My dad said it was okay for me to cheer for UT even though he is a Georgia Bulldog. Sorry, dad...not only did I cheer, but as you can see, I wore ORANGE!
By the way, UT won the game. :)
12 comments:
i'm glad you and cathy had such a good time!!! you guys do a better job supporting a different state than i do with the Sea Dogs back home!
Traitor...
sounds like fun...i love college football games...they're crazy!
Looks like fun! Mark would be jealous! VERY jealous!
Love that 1st grade class! You've got some characters in there. A few sweet ones too (or at least one :) )
You are doing a great job! Thanks for your hard work!
Looks like you had fun! I miss Tennessee. Go Ohio State! -this is Kandice, not Tom...I have to set up a different account, I guess. ;)
Nooo...the ORANGE...it hurts my eyes!
Go UT!! That would be pretty fun. I've never been, but I'd like to go at least once in my lifetime. :) Btw, Dad or not, you don't have to apologize for the orange!
Jimmy and I went to every home UT game the year we dated. He graduated from UT so he does bleed orange and I do too now that I went to that many games. That is the year they won the National Championship so on our honeymoon we got to go the game at the Georgia Dome. Fun, fun, fun!!
We are trying to become Ohio fans so we can be loyal to our state now but we haven't seen them play in person yet so it is hard to get in the mood!! Glad you had fun!
Oh, I forgot, we started a blog if you wanna check it out. But, I'm warning ya, I don't have a clue of what I'm doing.
musicgeeksanonymous.blogspot.com
Hi,Sarah,
I came across your blog through links from everyone elses. This post made me laugh out loud--about "Joe." I can certainly relate to not understanding football, but I did enjoy going to a few games because it made my orange-blooded husband so happy to be in the sea of orange. :) We miss you all! If you'd like to view our blog, email me at wilkersonhome@yahoo.com. Have a great day! P.S. Be thankful that you went the day TN won! :)
Ok, you always think of Norfolk Tides and now I'm always going to think of UT :o)
Okay, we can no longer be friends! Just kidding. I don't guess it would have been so bad for you to go to the game, but you HAD to wear orange?! AND cheer for UT???!
I would love to go to a college football game sometime... more specifically to a Virginia Tech football game!
Post a Comment